OVERVIEW & EXPERIENCE
He is currently a member of the Orange County, Delaware State, Pennsylvania, and American Bar Associations, The Florida Bar, Defense Research Institute, Florida Defense Lawyers Association, and is a Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer, Florida Bar Board of Certification, and Certified Civil Trial Advocate, National Board of Trial Advocacy.
- Villanova University School of Law, L.L.M., 1985
- Delaware Law School, J.D., 1983
- Florida State University, B.S., Economics, 1980, cum laude
- Bodily Injury and Wrongful Death
- Insurance Coverage
- Insurer Bad Faith
- Medical Malpractice
- Products Liability
- Professional Liability
SELECTED HONORS & RECOGNITION
- “AV” Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- The Best Lawyers of America
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States Tax Court
- Orange County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association
- Catastrophic, bodily injury claim at a construction site. Precedent setting decision regarding contractual indemnity. Defense verdict rendered in multiple trials, argued numerous appeals to the 5th District Court of Appeal and the Florida Supreme Court. Paul N. Howard Co. v. Camp Dresser & McKee, Inc., 109 So. 3d 780 (Fla. 2013).
- Precedent setting decision relating to the proper parties in an uninsured motorist case. Argued to the 5th District Court of Appeal and Florida Supreme Court. Metropolitan Cas. Ins. Co. v. Tepper, 980 So. 2d 490 (2008).
- Precedent setting case concerning the appropriate measure of damages in first party bad faith cases, argued to 5th District Court of Appeal and the Florida Supreme Court. McLeod v. Continental Ins. Co., 591 So. 2d 621 (Fla. 1991).
- Precedent setting case concerning to the right to counsel in a termination of parental rights. Argued to the Delaware Supreme Court. In The Matter of CS, 498 A. 2d 1095 (Del. 1984).
A complete list of Mr. Bell’s reported cases is available upon request.