OVERVIEW & EXPERIENCE
Mr. Tessitore’s civil litigation practice includes the representation of clients in bodily injury, wrongful death and casualty suits, insurance and public entity, civil rights, commercial trucking, automotive negligence, and medical negligence, in both state and federal courts. In addition to practicing law, Mr. Tessitore is an adjunct professor at the University of Central Florida.
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., 1993
- Florida State University, B.S., Criminology, Political Science, 1983
- Bodily Injury and Wrongful Death
- Civil Rights
- Commercial Trucking
- Public Entity
- Automotive Negligence
- Medical Negligence
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court, Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court. Southern District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association
- The Federalist Society
- University of Central Florida, Adjunct Professor
- Dismissal with prejudice on behalf of defendant of multiple civil rights and fair housing claims in both state and federal courts. Pete McManus v. Gainesville Housing Authority, et al, District Court of Appeal State of Florida, Case No. 1D16-3455.
- Summary Judgment on behalf of defendants in 14th Amendment failure to treat civil rights suit. James Boynton v. City of Tallahassee, et al, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida, Case No. 4:14-cv-292-MW/CAS.
- Defense verdict in commercial trucking liability suit. Christopher Grant v. Heartland Express, In the Circuit Court in and for Duval County, Florida, Case No. 16-2014-CA-007133-XXXX-MA.
- Summary Judgment on behalf of defendant in 4th Amendment illegal seizure suit. Mitchell Schutt, et al v. Jerry Morgan Lewis, et al, U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, Case No. 6:12-cv-1697-Orl-37DAB.
- Denial of request for Preliminary Injunctive Relief and Motion for Restraining Order on behalf of defendant arising out of multiple fair housing claims. Freeney, et al v. Sanford Housing Authority et al, S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, Case No. 6:2010-cv-01920.
- Dismissal with prejudice on behalf of defendant of 4th Amendment and 14th Amendment false arrest claims. Vongrabe v. Citigroup, Inc, U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, Case No. 3:2006-cv-00153.
- Defense verdict in premises liability suit. Brenda Bowers f/k/a Brenda Washic v. Osceola County, In the Circuit Court in and for Osceola County, Florida, Case No. 2005-CA-000625-ON.
A complete list of Mr. Tessitore’s reported cases is available upon request.