OVERVIEW & EXPERIENCE
His civil litigation practice includes commercial and personal liability such as personal injury, wrongful death, premises liability, products liability, insurance coverage defense and contract issues, construction, and trucking accidents. He is personal counsel for a Florida-based commercial trucking company.
- IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 1991, with honors
- University of Illinois at Chicago, B.S., Finance, 1988, with departmental distinction
- Bodily Injury and Wrongful Death
- Automobile Accidents
- Commercial Trucking Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Insurance Coverage
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
- Construction Defect
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States Supreme Court
- Orange County Bar Association
- Obtained final summary judgment in favor of a defendant commercial premises lessee, which was affirmed on appeal, in a case involving serious personal injuries due to a fall through a skylight. Martin v. Sun Kool Air Conditioning, Inc., 117 So.3d 429 (Fla. 5th DCA 2013).
- Underinsured motorist suit with admission of liability wherein the verdict obtained by the plaintiff did not beat the defendant’s proposal for settlement (PFS) and the defendant was actually able to collect from the plaintiff on the PFS. John Avellan v. Amex Assurance Company, in the Circuit Court in and for Orange County, Florida, Case No.: 2010-CA-008274-O.
A complete list of Mr. Blessing’s reported cases is available upon request.