OVERVIEW & EXPERIENCE
Mrs. Theobald’s civil litigation defense practice includes the representation of clients in bodily injury, wrongful death and casualty suits, civil rights, commercial litigation, commercial trucking, insurance coverage and public entity, in both federal and state courts. Mrs. Theobald served as a lecturer at the Tenth Annual Florida Liability Claims Conference, speaking on the topic of Enhanced Injuries.
- Florida State University, J.D., 1998, cum laude
- University of Florida, B.S., Advertising, 1995, summa cum laude
- Bodily Injury and Wrongful Death
- Civil Rights
- Commercial Trucking
- Insurance Coverage
- Public Entity
- Commercial Litigation
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- Bodily injury underinsured motorist suit resulting from intersectional collision between car and pedestrian; defense verdict for client following one-week trial; motion to tax attorney fees and costs based on proposal for settlement was also granted. Frank Davis v. Giuliano Castagne and Allstate Insurance Company, 2007 WL 4976332 (Fla. 18th Cir. Ct 2007).
- Breach of contract suit arising out of a property management agreement; prevailed on appeal of improperly entered summary judgment. Mercado v. Lion’s Enterprises, Inc. v., 800 So. 2d 753 (Fla. 5th DCA 2001).
A complete list of Mrs. Theobald’s reported cases is available upon request.